1. Accept and inspect all boards at the time of delivery and note any damage to the boxes or possible damage to the boards prior to signing the freight bill of lading. Otherwise, you will be responsible for all costs for repairs and shipping. No Exceptions.
2. All sales are considered final. We will only accept returns with approved return authorizations due to shipper errors, manufacturing defects, or shipping damages beyond reasonable repair. See our Returns page.
3. Check your waybill carefully that the # of pieces match the shipment you are receiving. If pieces are missing, sign the waybill “Incomplete” and notify the freight company or Bay Area Kitesurf immediately.
4. Inform the driver of any damage to the boxes or boards at the time of delivery. Document any damages in detail on BOL or delivery receipt. At no time will “Subject to Inspection” be a valid notation for any damage found after delivery. This term is null and void and will result in no compensation provided for damage.
5. All damage claims must be submitted to Bay Area Kitesurf within 48 Hours of receiving product. Claims submitted outside of this time frame may result in an inability to receive restitution from the freight company. Abiding by the guidelines above will greatly improve the restitution process.
6. If you do not have time at the moment of delivery to inspect your shipment, you must document “Damage” Note any crease, bend or tear visible on the packaging. I.e. “All boxes have visible damage” should be written on the bill of lading. (Even noting the crease from the rocker is acceptable.)
7. You may not refuse any boards even if the box is severely damaged and the board is obviously destroyed. If a board has any damage whatsoever, please contact your sales representative immediately.
8. Repairable damage, pressure dings, or minor damage will be assessed for local repair and awarded appropriate compensation via credit memo.
9. Contact immediately Bay Area Kitesurf for case-by-case evaluation, coordinating with your local repair shop and invoice discount/credit. If the damage is severe or irreparable, Bay Area Kitesurf will issue you a Return Authorization (R.A.) number and label. BAKS will coordinate the pickup of the damaged item. No returns are allowed without an R.A. number issued by Bay Area Kitesurf.
10. You must copy all paperwork including the Bay Area Kitesurf invoice for claims filing.
11. Do not discard or move to a different location the box, packing, or fins/accessories packed with the boards. Returns must be correctly packed in the original box with the packing material and fins. Returned boards packed incorrectly will be assessed 50% of the claim for additional shipping damage and wear.
- Access our returns form here
- You can return new, unopened items within 30 days of purchase for a full refund, as further specified below
- The refund will be for the full value of the returned items, unless otherwise noted
- Shipping and handling fees will not be refunded
- Credit for returned items will be applied to the credit method that was used to make the purchase.
- Returns will be applied to the purchasing payment method within 5 to 15 days of the date that the return has been accepted
- If the return is due to defective products, inaccurate product descriptions, or an incorrect order, call or email us first to initiate the return. You may be compensated for the return shipping under these circumstances
- Access our Warranty Claim form here
- F-One & Manera products carry a two years warranty against defects from the date of purchase
- This form must be completed in full before we can process the claim with the manufacturer
- This form is valid only for customers residing in North America (canada excluded), Mexico, Central America and Caribbean’s
- Proof of purchase and pictures are required
- Serial number is mandatory for kites, wings, boards, foils or any product who shows a serial number
- The address listed in the form will be used for any shipping that could occur