La Ventana Classic
January 25-29, 2017
La Ventana, Baja Sur, Mexico
Bringing in the New Year our F-ONE & MANERA North America Team will be kicking things off in Baja Mexico for the La Ventana Classic. The event will take place in La Ventana, Baja Sur, Mexico on January 25-29, 2017. Races, Gear Demo’s, Authentic Mexican Food, Parties and more will take place and you do not want to miss it! F-One & Manera will be in town for the month and will be fully outfitted with 2017 gear available to demo. Our Kite, Paddle and Foil Range has expanded and is a must see. Complete event information can be found at: www.laventanaclassic.com
Source: TheKiteboarder Magazine
This winter escape to warm weather and good times. Enjoy the La Ventana Classic, a raucous, adventurous and unique windsport/paddle sport event. Set for January 25-29, 2017 in Baja Sur, Mexico, at a stunning event site situated between the azure Sea of Cortez and rustic foothills of the Sierra de la Laguna mountain range.
Check out the La Ventana Classic video!!!
Compete in a variety of spectacular “downwind” races during the La Ventana Classic!!!
Each day brings an adventurous paddle and excellent chance to race with the wind at your back.
Run with the group on the amazing and most scenic Las Cruces Downwinder (8 Miles), cross the Sea of Cortez from Jacque Cousteau Island (Cerralvo Island Crossing – 11 miles) and enjoy several mini-downwinder courses that are set along the beautiful La Ventana Baja Sur coast.
Enter either COMPETITOR CLASS (earn individual points in each race to claim hard cash, boards/paddles prizes and commemorative LVC trophies) or SPORTSMAN CLASS (compete for great sponsor prizes and event tropies).
12’6″ and 14′ board categories available for men & women in both Competitor and Sportsman classes.
LV SUP Paddle Races Information
Register as either SUP Competitor or SUP Sportsmen:
– SUP Competitor compete for, cash, SUP Boards and paddles.
– SUP Sportsman / Sportswoman class will be competing for great sponsor prizes and trophies.
– 12′ 6″ and under and 14′ board categories open in both Competitor and Sportsmen divisions.
– Overall points system set up for SUP Competitor division. Racers earn points based upon individual placing in the variety of races during the La Ventana Classic. Prizes & awards for top overall point scorers and first place finishers.
– Board rules for all races: no rudders, keels, dagger boards, kites, sails or motors.
– Need help transporting your board to/from San Diego? We can do it for $165 USD round trip from San Diego to La Ventana, Baja, and back.
– email firstname.lastname@example.org for details and set up transportation.
At the LVC – Kite Foils, Kiteboarders and Windsurfers compete in distance and course races, as well as, freestyle and big air contests.
In addition to the many fun events, there will be awesome beach parties, rocking bands, authentic Mexican food vendors, colorful dance presentations by local schools, and the most excellent awards party. The event will be MC’d by the infamous kiteboarder icon Neil Hutchinson of X-Rated Kiteboarding and Grom Gormley the icon of West Coast Kiteboarding events.
The 9th annual La Ventana Classic is organized by Tim Hatler of Palapas Ventana resort and Marina Chang of The Kiteboarder Magazine. The event takes place in La Ventana, Baja Mexico – 35 minutes from the La Paz Airport and 2.5 hours from the Cabo Airport.
Stay tuned for additional event details and information!!!