Received from F-one rider Ryan Lamb:
I tried this technique out – launching off the boat – it was great!
This was shot at Anegada, a small island 14 miles from Tortola BVI. It’s a great place to kite. Just around the corner from the pictures, where I was headed, there was northeast swell and waves to be had.
More about launching from a boat from Vali DC Kites:
- The trick is to connect the lines before you actually are on the boat. You should also inflate the struts before.
- Wrap your lines till you get to the kite.
- Fold the kite (roll)towards the middle.
- Put the wrapped lines on the top.
- Tight the harness over the lines and bar so the bar won’t slide and get messed up while you are sailing.
- Once you get to the launching place: Inflate the kite, the rider jumps on the water, unrolls the line and then you can follow the sequence on the pics.